The Foundations program is looking for a Visual Arts teacher on Fridays at the Calvary campus in Winter Park.
The Foundations Program weaves together the subjects of History, Bible, Science, Visual Arts, and Performing Arts so that God’s hand in history is revealed. Students are organized into grade-levels. Second through sixth grade students rotate through subject-based classes taught by subject specialists. Subject teachers teach four (4) to five (5) classes per program day. Next year, our unit of study will be the Ancient World, from Creation to the Fall of Rome. We’ll survey the big events and personal stories of real people to provide deep, contextual meaning. Review program details here.
Qualified applicants are required to:
- Agree with the CCS statement of faith, frequently attend a Christian church as a member in good standing, and actively pursue a walk of faith governed by the scriptures and the Lord Jesus Christ
- Have experience working with or understanding of parent-directed education
- Have strong classroom management skills
- Able to write subject lesson plans, differentiated by grade, according to standards set for the program
- Plan, prepare and bring to life engaging, hands-on, developmentally-appropriate classroom learning environments
- Display the ability to execute engaging subject-focused lessons inspired by the weekly topic of study and differentiated by grade
- Be prepared for a “pop-up” classroom model, with complete set-up and take-down of all classroom elements after the school day
- Be able to work on a team of teachers program wide
- Be able to teach for 31 weeks
- Be able to attend mandatory teacher orientation and professional development workshops in May 2018 and July 2018
- Be willing to take the Clifton Strengths Assessment and submit the results
- Display a love for learning, teaching, students and parents
- Note: This position could be combined with the Extracurricular Art Teacher position, providing additional opportunity and pay
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume to Ruth Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. Receipt will be acknowledged and next steps will be outlined. Next step items will need to be completed by due dates given.