The Lower School Extracurricular program is looking for a two (2) Hands-on Science teachers.
- Kindergarten Extracurricular Science teacher on Mondays at the CrossLife campus in Oviedo
- 4th-6th Grade Extracurricular Science teacher on Mondays at the CrossLife campus in Oviedo and Tuesdays at the Calvary campus in Winter Park
The SCIragous program offers hands-on science learning in an engaging and exciting way. We use relevant experiments and activities to teach important science concepts as we seek to ignite the whole brain. Learn more about this exciting program here.
Qualified applicants are required to:
- Agree with the CCS statement of faith, frequently attend a Christian church as a member in good standing, and actively pursue a walk of faith governed by the scriptures and the Lord Jesus Christ
- Have experience working with or understanding of parent-directed education
- Have strong classroom management skills
- Plan, prepare and bring to life engaging, hands-on, developmentally-appropriate classroom learning environments
- Display the ability to execute engaging lessons in Science.
- Be able to work on a team of teachers on grade level and program wide
- Be able to teach for 24 weeks, after school from 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- Be able to attend mandatory teacher orientation and professional development workshops in May 2018 and July 2018
- Be willing to take the Clifton Strengths Assessment and submit the results
- Display a love for learning, teaching, students and parents
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume to Ruth Brown at email@example.com. Receipt will be acknowledged and next steps will be outlined. Next step items will need to be completed by due dates given.