Our Lower School is looking for a Science Lab [Enrichment Track] teacher on Thursdays at the Harvest campus in Winter Garden. 4th-6th Grade students will rotate to the lab for hands-on experimentation and dissections in the studies of environmental and physical science. Lessons will be inspired by the learning themes of our Frameworks curriculum. Review details here.
Qualified applicants are required to:
- Agree with the CCS statement of faith, frequently attend a Christian church as a member in good standing, and actively pursue a walk of faith governed by the scriptures and the Lord Jesus Christ
- Have experience working with or understanding of parent-directed education
- Have strong classroom management skills
- Plan, prepare and bring to life engaging, hands-on, developmentally-appropriate classroom learning environments
- Display the ability to execute engaging science-focused lessons inspired by the weekly topic of study and differentiated by grade
- Be prepared for a “pop-up” classroom model, with complete set-up and take-down of all classroom elements after the school day
- Be able to work on a team of teachers on grade level and program wide
- Be able to teach for 31 weeks
- Be able to complete a day of classroom observation in March or April 2019
- Be able to attend mandatory teacher orientation and professional development workshops in May 2019, July 2019 and January 2020
- Be willing to take the Clifton Strengths Assessment and submit the results
- Display a love for learning, teaching, students and parents
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume to Jocelyn Bartle at firstname.lastname@example.org. Receipt will be acknowledged and next steps will be outlined. Next step items will need to be completed by due dates given.