K- 3rd Grades
Our Lower School is looking for a Music & Movement [Enrichment Track] teacher for Thursdays at the CrossLife campus in Oviedo and Fridays at the Calvary Orlando campus in Winter Park. K-3rd Grade students will rotate into 50-minute classes exploring musical expression and concepts through games and activities. Students will learn grade-level fundamentals covering rhythm, pitch, dynamics, symbol recognition, and instrument identification. Lessons will be inspired by the learning themes of our Explorations curriculum. Review details here.
Qualified applicants are required to:
- Agree with the CCS statement of faith, frequently attend a Christian church as a member in good standing, and actively pursue a walk of faith governed by the scriptures and the Lord Jesus Christ
- Have experience working with or understanding of parent-directed education
- Have strong classroom management skills
- Plan, prepare and bring to life engaging, hands-on, developmentally-appropriate classroom learning environments
- Display the ability to execute engaging music-focused lessons inspired by the weekly topic of study and differentiated by grade
- Be prepared for a “pop-up” classroom model, with complete set-up and take-down of all classroom elements after the school day
- Be able to work on a team of teachers on grade level and program-wide
- Be able to teach for 31 weeks
- Be able to attend mandatory teacher orientation and professional development workshops in May 2019, July 2019 and January 2020
- Be willing to take the Clifton Strengths Assessment and submit the results
- Display a love for learning, teaching, students and parents
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume to Jocelyn Bartle at email@example.com. Receipt will be acknowledged and the next steps will be outlined. Next step items will need to be completed by due dates given.