6th Grade Teacher
Our Lower School is looking for a qualified teacher for our 6th Grade Core Track on Mondays at the CrossLife campus in Oviedo and Enrichment Track on Fridays at the Calvary Orlando campus in Winter Park.
Review details here.
Qualified applicants are required to:
- Agree with the CCS statement of faith, frequently attend a Christian church as a member in good standing, and actively pursue a walk of faith governed by the scriptures and the Lord Jesus Christ
- Hold a degree in education (preferably elementary education)
- Have experience working with or understanding of parent-directed education
- Have strong classroom management skills
- Display the ability to execute engaging lessons in multiple subjects throughout a classroom day
- Be willing and able to receive training in our use of the Institute for Excellence in Writing curriculum
- Be willing and able to use the eLearning campus as a way to expand the classroom, including weekly updates, grades, and other tools
- Be willing and able to grow in their understanding of technology as needed to assist their students and parents
- Desire to partner with parents to help them achieve the very best learning environment and experience for their students
- Be able to work extra time at home to complete responsibilities such as grading, lesson planning, and lesson preparation
- Be prepared for a mobile classroom experience each week
- Be able to work on a team of teachers on grade level and program-wide
- Be able to teach for 31 weeks
- Be able to complete a day of classroom observation in March or April 2019
- Be able to attend mandatory teacher orientation and professional development workshops in May 2019, July 2019 and January 2020
- Be willing to take the Clifton Strengths Assessment and submit the results
- Display a love for learning, teaching, students and parents
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume to Jocelyn Bartle at firstname.lastname@example.org. Receipt will be acknowledged and next steps will be outlined. Next step items will need to be completed by due dates given.